On the technical side, we'll need about 10 minutes of help from someone on your team with server access (for step #2 below).
- Connect to Stripe. This allows us to receive failed payment events, update customer payment information, and automatically retry payments for you.
- Upload an html file to your server. This will be the card update page your customers are linked to via email. It's managed and monitored from our end, lives on your domain behind your SSL, and passes payment information directly through to Stripe.
- Set up emails. Messaging (pre-written & tested templates provided), email senders, and DKIM/SPF settings.
- Update Stripe settings as instructed. If you were canceling subscriptions after the retries, we can still do this at the end of your recovery funnel—cancelations will take a couple weeks longer to initiate as your recovery process is extended.
- Launch. To respect the experience of your customers, and only contact them when action is required, we'll allow a payment to fail and also retry the card before reaching out. Your email sequence will last 3-4 weeks, automatically paying invoices and reactivating subscriptions.