What is Churn Buster?
Churn Buster reduces customer churn by improving the customer experience when subscription payments are missed.
Better process becomes ever more important as your business grows. Leading eCommerce brands like ButcherBox, LOLA, and Four Sigmatic have increased renewals with the unique approach used by Churn Buster.
With this integration you can:
- Resolve billing issues with branded email campaigns proven to reduce churn.
- Send emails at the right time, clearing more payments with existing payment methods (without demanding action from your customers).
- Improve email delivery rates and monitor email performance.
- Generate highly predictable returns month after month.
Contact Churn Buster (firstname.lastname@example.org or in chat) to create an account.
Churn Buster will set up a process to monitor failed payments, prompt card updates at optimal times, and bring at-risk customers to your attention.
Optional next steps:
Improve email delivery by updating your DNS records, and give yourself the best possible chance of getting to the customer's inbox.
And invite your team to Churn Buster!
The default email templates have been tested at-scale, so they are a great starting point even when used as-is. But every business is unique, and a more customized approach can yield improvements as you collect more data.
- Advice for customizing your emails: keep it simple! Let the personality of your brand shine. These aren't marketing emails, and you'll have multiple opportunities to get in front of customers. Use this opportunity to connect with customers and improve their experience.
More recoveries. Fewer emails.
As recovery campaigns begin, performance data will be reported in your dashboard. You'll see past-due volume month-to-month, campaigns still in-progress, and how much revenue has been recovered in each cohort. This is summarized as a recovery rate percentage that stabilizes in about 90 days, depending on your payment volume.
You'll also see recoveries broken out by method: card updates and retries.
- Card updates are recoveries that required your customer to take action by putting a new card-on-file, most often following an email.
- Retry recoveries are when the payment clears using the existing card-on-file, from repeat attempts, often without having to email a customer at all. These "soft" declines are often spending limits, freezes, or other temporary issues.
Churn Buster prioritizes Retry recoveries, interrupting customers via email only if needed. In fact, charting also shows how many payments have been recovered from retries before the 1st email is even sent. This is made possible by a short delay Churn Buster builds into the email schedule.
These are valuable recoveries for your business, as they translate to less cancellation risk, fewer support requests, and a better overall customer experience month to month.
Ok, what's next?
After 60 days or so, you'll have a clear picture of baseline performance. In this time a full cohort of customers will have gone through campaigns from beginning to end. Small improvements will stack up to big gains, as credit cards get updated and recovered payments become repeat business.