This article outlines how the Smartrr team can coordinate connecting a merchant to Churn Buster.
What is Churn Buster?
Churn Buster reduces customer churn by improving the customer experience when subscription payments are missed.
Better process becomes ever more important as a business grows. Leading eCommerce brands like ButcherBox, LOLA, and Four Sigmatic have increased renewals with the unique approach used by Churn Buster.
With this integration merchants can:
- Resolve billing issues with branded email campaigns proven to reduce churn.
- Send emails at the right time, clearing more payments with existing payment methods (without demanding action from your customers).
- Improve email delivery rates and monitor email performance.
- Generate highly predictable returns month after month.
How to integrate
Contact Churn Buster (in Slack or email@example.com or in chat) to begin the process.
- If the merchant has not worked with Churn Buster previously, the Churn Buster team will create an account for them.
Connecting is easy: The Churn Buster team will provide a link for the merchant (or the Smartrr team) to do a one-click installation within the Churn Buster account.
When ready to go live:
The merchant will update Smartrr settings to optimize retry timing and disable Smartrr notifications.
The retry and passive cancellation settings can be adjusted based on billing models or merchant preferences, but these are our recommended settings:
Go to Billing Engine Settings > Failed Payments.
- Retry 7 times
- 3 day delay
- Cancel after 2 re-bills
Turn off the failed payment email under Customer Notifications > Subscription Payment Failed
Once these settings are adjusted, the Churn Buster team goes live with the recovery campaigns!