What Is Churn Buster?
Churn Buster reduces customer churn by improving the customer experience when subscription payments are missed.
Better process becomes ever more important as your business grows. Leading eCommerce brands like ButcherBox, LOLA, and Four Sigmatic have increased renewals with the unique approach used by Churn Buster.
With this integration, you can:
- Resolve billing issues with branded customer outreach proven to reduce churn.
- Notify customers at the right time, while also clearing more payments with existing payment methods (without customers needing to take action).
- Improve customer engagement and monitor performance.
- Generate highly predictable returns month after month.
Churn Buster has worked directly with the Smartrr team to build an easy integration option for your store.
Contact Churn Buster (email@example.com or in chat) to create an account.
Our team will help set up the process to monitor failed payments, prompt card updates at optimal times, and bring at-risk customers to your attention.
Optional next steps:
Improve email delivery by updating your DNS records, and give yourself the best possible chance of getting to the customer's inbox.
Invite your team to Churn Buster.
Brand your emails. The default email templates have been tested at-scale, so they are a great starting point even when used as-is. That said, the emails are fully customizable to ensure brand alignment and high customer trust.
What to Expect
As recovery campaigns begin, performance data is reported in your dashboard. You'll see past-due volume month-to-month, campaigns still in-progress, and how much revenue has been recovered in each cohort. This is summarized as a recovery rate percentage that stabilizes in about 90 days after launch.
You'll also see recoveries broken out by method: card updates and retries.
- Card updates are recoveries that required your customer to take action by putting a new card-on-file, most often following an email.
- Retry recoveries are when the payment clears using the existing card-on-file, from repeat attempts, often without having to email a customer at all.
Churn Buster prioritizes Retry recoveries, notifying customers only when needed. Charting shows how many payments have been recovered from retries before the 1st email is even sent — made possible by the Retry Phase at the start of your campaign.
- Retry Phase recoveries are extremely valuable for your business, as they translate to less cancellation risk, fewer support requests, and a better overall customer experience month to month.
After 60 days of running Churn Buster, you'll have a clear picture of baseline performance — as a full cohort of customers will have gone through campaigns from beginning to end. Small improvements stack up to big gains, as recovered payments become repeat business by improving retention and extending LTV.