Churn Buster starts a campaign whenever a subscription payment fails, unless the customer is already in a campaign.
A campaign ends when one of the following occurs:
- The payment successfully clears (recovered).
- The customer or merchant cancels the subscription (active cancellation).
- The campaign reaches the end without a successful recovery (passive cancellation).
Order changes also impact campaigns. Churn Buster campaign logic is configured to prevent ongoing payment issues while handling edge cases intelligently.
When a customer skips an order, the associated campaign stops right away. The billing issue will be re-verified when the payment is next due and, if needed, the customer will re-enter a recovery campaign.
Delivery schedule changes
When a customer already in a Churn Buster campaign changes the delivery schedule for the subscription that triggered the campaign:
- If changed to a date outside the campaign timeline, the campaign will stop automatically.
- Churn Buster campaigns continue running if an order is rescheduled to a date within the campaign window—it is likely this customer will still need to update their payment method, and this ensures they will not run through the full cycle of a repeated campaign. When the rescheduled order has a successful payment, the campaign will end automatically.
Campaigns can be stopped early from your Churn Buster dashboard anytime.