Recommended ReCharge Settings
This article outlines the ReCharge settings we recommend in order for your failed payments recovery process to work optimally with Churn Buster.
Configure ReCharge retry settings
- Open ReCharge payment settings (under the wrench icon dropdown) and scroll down to the "Failed charges" section.
- Set retry settings to every 3 days, 8 times max.
- Select Do nothing when max retries are reached. (Why?)
- Save your changes.
These settings ensure that retries are well-timed and that customers can go through the entire length of the campaign, with passive cancellations still processed through Churn Buster.
Disable ReCharge dunning emails
- Open ReCharge Notification settings.
- Disable the Card Declined and Card Expiring notifications.
Why use the "Do Nothing" setting?
The “Do nothing” setting makes sure customers aren’t canceled prematurely and gives you more control over passive cancellations. By default, Churn Buster cancels a subscription if a customer gets to the end of the campaign without a successful recovery. (This can be turned on/off by request.)